The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Senior Program Manager, Monitoring And Evaluation
|Central Office/HQ-Abuja, FCT (One position)
|Scheduled Work Time
|Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)
|AD SI, Project Director
|HIV Lead, TB Lead, Program Management Team.
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
Senior Program Manager SI will be a seasoned professional who can manage the day-to-day aspects of monitoring and evaluation and contribute strategically to the success and impact of the overall Global Fund GC7 Project. He/She is critical in driving evidence-based decision-making and fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director SI and Project Director, the Senior Program Manager SI will provide strategic leadership in designing, developing, and implementing the M&E framework for programs or projects.
Senior Program Manager M&E will provide strategic leadership in designing, developing, and implementing the M&E framework for the GF TB and HIV projects.
- Align M&E activities with organizational goals, ensuring monitoring and evaluation contribute to program success and impact.
- Work closely with program managers and other stakeholders in the planning and design activities to integrate robust M&E components into program structures.
- Contribute to developing logical frameworks, results frameworks, and performance indicators.
- Supervise and lead a team of M&E professionals, providing guidance, mentorship, and support.
- Foster a collaborative and results-oriented team culture.
- Develop and maintain an effective M&E system that includes data collection, management, analysis, and reporting processes.
- Ensure the use of appropriate technology and tools to streamline M&E activities.
- Oversee data collection, analysis, and interpretation to measure program performance against established indicators.
- Supervise data quality assessment processes and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Prepare and present comprehensive M&E reports for internal and external stakeholders, highlighting key findings, lessons learned, and recommendations.
- Communicate M&E results in a way that informs decision-making and program implementation.
- Plan and manage program evaluations, ensuring that evaluation methodologies were rigorous and aligned with organizational standards.
- Utilize evaluation findings to make evidence-based recommendations for program enhancement.
- Build the capacity of program staff and M&E team members in monitoring and evaluation principles and practices.
- Conduct training sessions to enhance data collection, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including donors, government agencies, and partner organizations, to ensure alignment of M&E activities with project goals.
- Establish effective communication channels for ongoing engagement.
- Lead efforts to continuously improve the M&E system, incorporating feedback and adapting methodologies to changing program needs. – Identify opportunities for innovation and efficiency.
- Manage the budget allocated for M&E activities, ensuring efficient use of resources and compliance with financial guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to ethical data collection, analysis, and reporting standards, prioritizing confidentiality and data protection.
- Ability to think strategically and align M&E activities with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills to provide guidance, mentorship, and direction to the M&E team and other program staff.
- Proficient project management skills to oversee the planning, execution, and evaluation of M&E activities within the program.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret complex data, identify trends, and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey M&E findings and recommendations to diverse audiences, including stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of M&E professionals, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented team culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders, including donors, government agencies, and partner organizations.
- Commitment to achieving measurable results and using M&E findings for program improvement and decision-making.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Strong understanding of ethical considerations related to data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and data protection principles.
- Experience and skills in building the capacity of program staff and M&E team members through training and mentorship.
- Ability to adapt to changing program requirements, priorities, and external environments.
- Understanding of budget management to effectively allocate and utilize resources for M&E activities.
- Expertise in planning and managing program evaluations, ensuring rigorous methodologies and effective utilization of evaluation findings.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field such as statistics, public health, social sciences, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation roles.
- Experience in roles with progressively increasing responsibilities, demonstrating a track record of success and growth in the field.
- Direct experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects or programs, focusing on measurable outcomes and impact.
- Proven experience in data analysis, interpretation, and reporting. Familiarity with statistical tools and software is often required.
- Experience in managing or leading a team, providing guidance and mentorship and ensuring the effective coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Understanding of project management principles, with the ability to coordinate M&E activities within project timelines.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].