|Background||The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) was established in 2004 as a local organization to address the HIV/AIDS crisis in Nigeria through the development of infrastructure for treatment, care, prevention, and support for people living with and that affected by HIV/AIDS but has now expanded its services to other infectious diseases of TB and malaria, including cancers. IHVN is structured to develop and maintain linkages with local and international organizations in collaborative ways that support the Government of Nigeria’s health sector strategic plans. IHVN key technical and funding partners are the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.|
|BID Title:||Supply of Laboratory Items under GF PPM grant|
|Scope of Bid||• Bidders are invited to submit a Bid for the goods and/or services specified above: Schedule of Requirements, in accordance with this bid.|
|Interpretation of the Bid||• This RFB is an invitation to treat and shall not be construed as an offer capable of being accepted or as creating any contractual, other legal or restitutionary rights.|
• This RFB is conducted in accordance with the applicable provisions of IHVN Procurement Manual (latest version of which can be accessed at: www.ihvnigeria.org and other relevant Organizational Directives and Administrative Instructions that are referred to in the Procurement Manual.
|Language||• The Bid, as well as all correspondence and documents relating to the Bid shall be written in the English language, unless specified otherwise in the bid advert. Supporting documents and printed literature furnished by the Bidder may be in another language provided they are accompanied by an accurate translation of the relevant passages into the English language, in which case, for purposes of interpretation of the Bid, such translation shall govern.|
• The Bidder shall bear all costs of translation to the governing language and all risks of the accuracy of such translation.
|Bid Eligibility||Bidders may be a private, public, or government-owned legal entity or any association with legal capacity to enter into a binding Contract with IHVN.|
A Bidder, and all parties constituting the bidder, may have the nationality of any country apart from the nationalities, if any, listed in United State Government Debarment List. A Bidder shall be deemed to have the nationality of a country if the Bidder is a citizen or is constituted, incorporated, or registered and operates in conformity with the provisions of the laws of that country.
A Bidder shall not have a conflict of interest. A bidder shall be considered to have a conflict of interest if:
● A Bidder has a close business or family relationship with a IHVN personnel who: (i) are directly or indirectly involved in the preparation of the bidding documents or specifications of the contract, and/or the bid evaluation process of such contract; or (ii) would be involved in the implementation or supervision of such contract.
● A Bidder is associated, or has been associated in the past, directly or indirectly, with a firm or any of its affiliates which have been engaged by IHVN to provide consulting services for the preparation of the design, specifications, and other documents to be used for the procurement of the goods, services or works required in the present procurement process;
● A Bidder has an interest in other bidders, including when they have common ownership and/or management. Bidders shall not submit more than one bid, except for alternative offers, if permitted. This will result in the disqualification of all bids in which the Bidder is involved. This includes situations where a firm is the Bidder in one bid and a sub-contractor on another; however, this does not limit the inclusion of a firm as a sub-contractor in more than one bid.
Bidders must disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest in the Bid Submission and they shall be deemed ineligible for this procurement process unless such conflict of interest is resolved in a manner acceptable to IHVN. Failure to disclose any actual or potential conflict of interest may lead to the Bidder being sanctioned.
A Bidder shall not be eligible to submit a quotation if and when at the time of quotation submission, the Bidder:
● Is included in any other Ineligibility List from a IHVN partner and if so listed in United State Government Debarment List.
● Is currently suspended from doing business with IHVN and removed from its vendor database(s), for reasons other than engaging in proscribed practices as defined in the IHVN Procurement Policy.
|Fraud & Corruption, Gifts and Hospitality||IHVN strictly enforces a policy of zero tolerance on proscribed practices, including fraud, corruption, collusion, unethical or unprofessional practices, and obstruction of IHVN vendors and requires all bidders/vendors to observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement process and contract implementation.|
IHVN’s Anti-Fraud email: [email protected] can be reached at all times to report any foul play at any level.
Bidders/vendors shall not offer gifts or hospitality of any kind to IHVN staff members including recreational trips to sporting or cultural events, theme parks or offers of holidays, transportation, or invitations to extravagant lunches or dinners.
In pursuance of this policy, IHVN:
a. Shall reject a bid if it determines that the selected bidder has engaged in any corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for the contract in question.
b. Shall declare a vendor ineligible, either indefinitely or for a stated period, to be awarded a contract if at any time it determines that the vendor has engaged in any corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for, or in executing an IHVN contract.
| Clarification of the Bid||Bidders may request clarification in relation to the RFB by submitting a written request to the contact stated in the Bid advert, until the time stated as deadline on the RFB. Explanations or interpretations provided by personnel other than the named contact person will not be considered binding or official.|
|Bid Currency||The bid shall be made in Naira. If applicable, for comparison and evaluation purposes, IHVN will convert the quotations into USD at the official IHVN rate of exchange in force at the time of the deadline for Bid Submission.|
IHVN reserves the right not to reject any bid submitted in a currency other than the mandatory bidding currency. IHVN may accept bid submitted in another currency than stated above if the Bidder confirms during clarification of quotations in writing that it will accept a Contract issued in the mandatory bid currency and that for conversion the official IHVN operational rate of exchange of the day of RFB deadline as stated in Section I: RFB Particulars shall apply. Regardless of the currency of quotations received, the Contract will always be issued, and subsequent payments will be made in the mandatory bidding currency above.
Rates in bids shall be fixed. Bids with adjustable rates shall be disqualified.
|Taxes||Contract sum shall be subjected to deduction of 5% withholding tax|
|Payment Terms||IHVN will ordinarily effect payment within 10 working days after receipt/acceptance of the goods/services and on submission of payment documentation.|
|Audit||IHVN may conduct an audit of the contract awarded to determine its completeness, efficacy as well as the performance of the supplier which will be used as a basis for the engagement of the vendors for future procurements.|
|Requirements||Ability to meet delivery targets within IHVN’s specified period.|
|Bid Protest||Any Bidder that believes to have been unjustly treated in connection with this RFB process or any Contract that may be awarded because of such RFB process may submit a complaint to IHVN Management through postal service using the address provided on IHVN website www.ihvnigeria.org|
Or contact: https://theglobalfund.alertline.com/gcs/welcome?locale=en
|Responsiveness of Bid||IHVN’s determination of a Bid’s responsiveness will be based on the contents of the Bid itself.|
A substantially responsive Bid is one that conforms to all the terms, conditions, and specifications of the bid advert without material deviation, reservation, or omission.
If a Bid is not substantially responsive, it shall be rejected by IHVN and may not subsequently be made responsive by the Bidder by correction of the material deviation, reservation, or omission.
|Evaluation of Bid|| The evaluation team shall review and evaluate the Bids on the basis of their responsiveness to the Schedule of Requirements and Technical Specifications and other documentation provided, applying the procedure indicated in the bid advert. Absolutely no changes may be made by IHVN in the criteria after all Bids have been received.|
IHVN reserves the right to undertake a post-qualification exercise, aimed at determining, to its satisfaction the validity of the information provided by the Bidder. Such post-qualification shall be fully documented and, among those that may be listed in the bid advert, may include, but need not be limited to, all or any combination of the following : (a)Verification of accuracy, correctness and authenticity of the information provided by the bidder on the legal, technical and financial documents submitted; (b)Validation of extent of compliance to the IHVN requirements and evaluation criteria based on what has so far been found by the evaluation team; (c)Inquiry and reference checking with Government entities with jurisdiction on the bidder, or any other entity that may have done business with the bidder; (d)Inquiry and reference checking with other previous clients on the quality of performance on on-going or previous contracts completed; (e)Physical inspection of the bidder’s plant, factory, branches or other places where business transpires, with or without notice to the bidder; (f)Testing and sampling of completed goods similar to the requirements of IHVN, where available; and (g)Other means that IHVN may deem appropriate, at any stage within the selection process, prior to awarding the contract.
|Qualification Criteria||General Criteria:|
The Bidder shall possess the necessary professional and technical qualifications and competence, financial resources, production capability with equipment and other physical facilities, including after-sales service where appropriate, managerial capability, specific experience, reputation, and the personnel to perform the contract.
(a) a minimum number of 3 years of overall experience in the supply of goods and related services;
(b) a minimum production capacity or availability of equipment; and in case of a Bidder offering to supply goods which the Bidder did not manufacture or otherwise produce, the Bidder has been duly authorized by the goods’ Manufacturer or producer to supply the goods.
• Evidence of satisfactory completion of supply of similar goods and value
|Award Criteria||Prior to expiration of the period of Bid validity, IHVN shall award the contract to the qualified and eligible Bidder that is found to be responsive to the requirements of the Schedule of Requirements and Technical Specification, and has offered the lowest price or the most reasonable price.|
|Bank Guarantee for Advanced Payment||1) Any contractor that is willing to apply for advance payment shall produce a banker’s guarantee, bank certified cheque or insurance bond prior to request for 50% advance payment from the sum of N2.5m and above|
2) The balance of 50 % of the contract price shall be paid after delivery.
|Supplier Code of Conduct ||IHVN is committed to working in partnership with our suppliers to realize the full value of our relationships and to positively contribute to our stakeholder communities and the environment. Therefore, the following conducts are expected from our suppliers:|
• In keeping with our commitment to exercising appropriate standards of professionalism and ethical conduct in all business activities, IHVN will not tolerate bribery or corruption in any form, or any breach of its Anti-Bribery Policy.
• Fraud & Corruption, Gift and Hospitality: IHVN strictly enforces a policy of zero tolerance on proscribed practices, including fraud, corruption, collusion, unethical or unprofessional practices, and obstruction of IHVN vendors and requires all bidders/vendors to observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement process and contract implementation. IHVN’s Anti-Fraud email: [email protected] can be reached at all times to report any foul play at any level.
• Suppliers are expected to maintain accurate records of their activities and performance that clearly demonstrate compliance with all applicable standards, regulations and IHVN requirements.
• Suppliers must disclose any personal relationships, economic interest or other ties to their business held by an employee or contractor with IHVN.
• Suppliers shall provide IHVN with high-quality products and services that meet all applicable quality and demonstrate that they have robust Standard Organization of Nigeria requirements in place. We expect suppliers to immediately report to IHVN of any concerns about product safety.
• Suppliers shall take appropriate measures to secure and protect all confidential information related to its relationship with IHVN and use it only for the purpose authorized under contractual agreement. This obligation shall remain in force regardless of the status of the business relationship.
• Suppliers to IHVN shall carry out operations with care for the environment and at a minimum will comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
• Suppliers shall also comply with the full supplier’s code of conduct as required by GF. Please find the link: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
• Suppliers shall also comply with any additional category specific requirements regarding the goods or services provided to IHVN, for example our requirements in respect of specification.
| Pre-Selection Criteria|| The following will constitute the pre-selection criteria on a Yes or No basis:|
• Bids must be properly sealed.
• Availability of a Company profile which should introduce your business’s mission, goals, vision, and history.
• All Bidders must include copies of tax clearance certificates for the past three years i.e., 2019, 2020 & 2021.
• Availability of audited financial statements for the last 3 years i.e., 2019, 2020 & 2021.
• All bidders must provide evidence of at least two similar Jobs made in the past for IHVN or any other organizations. Evidence of previous jobs done should include both Award Letter/LPO/Contract and their corresponding Goods Received Notes/ Certificate of Job Completion
• All bidders must provide proof of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
• Bank Reference Letter.
• All bidders must indicate their bid validity period. The bid validity period will be 90 days, starting from the date of deadline for submission of the bids.
• All bidders must submit a bid security in the value of NGN 2,500,000.00 only.
|Note*|| Bids which must reach us within ten (10) working days from the date of this publication should have the title of the BID written on the “Top Left-Hand Corner” of the envelope.|
We can only achieve our aims of long-term success if you provide an outstanding service and quality products. To this end, IHVN shall reserve the right to terminate any contract midway or after delivery of services/goods either for non-performance or non-compliance with specification, delivery time and any other terms of the contract.
Please find the Detailed Specifications/Quantities Required on Annex 1 below.
|Funding Agency||GF PPM Grant |
|Bid Start Date/ Time||10/05/2023 8:00 am|
|Bid Deadline Date/ Time||23/05/2023 10:00 am|
The Deputy Director Procurement/HOD SCM SCM Department Supply Chain Management Department
Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria
Cadastral Zone COO Plot 62, after BAZE University, off CITEC Road, Abuja-NIGERIA
Tel: +234 (0) 9 4610342, 4610341, Fax: +234 Ext. 4025 Email: [email protected]