IHVN Executive Director Laboratory Services, Prof. Alash’le Abimiku, leading a visiting US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) team on a tour round the BSL 2 laboratory in Zaria, Nigeria.
- Establishment of a network of three bio-repositories (Abuja, Jos and Zaria) expanding to become the H3A West Africa Regional Biorepository providing support to 12 H3Africa funded projects and investigators in 5 African countries.
- Providing technical support to set up a functional National biorepository at the NCDC National Reference Laboratory in Gaduwa.
- Design and set up the National Influenza Laboratory at Asokoro District Hospital with funding from US-CDC.
- Providing Technical Assistance in the establishment of functional Mega PCR laboratory at National Reference Lab (NRL) coordinated through NCDC.
- Providing technical assistance to Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) surveillance sites and National Reference Laboratories of NCDC in implementing the External Quality Assurance program, including the Veterinary diagnostic laboratories.
- Supporting the National TB and Leprosy Control Program in providing Proficiency Testing panels for AFB Microscopy, GeneXpert, Line Probe Assay and TB Culture & Drug Susceptibility Testing. IHVN provides Technical Assistance to Government of Nigeria on Post Market Verification (PMV) of HIV Rapid Tests Kits, GeneXpert MTB/RIF Cartridges and other kits and reagents. Etc.
For more information, check, Clinical Laboratory Training, Laboratory Equipment Maintenance, Molecular Diagnostics, Bio-repository Services, Quality Improvement, Clinical Laboratory TB Services and Clinical Diagnostics. (tags please)
For more information about our bio-banking activities, visit, www.i-hab.org
Assistant Director/Acting Head of Department, Laboratory Services Department