The International Research Center of Excellence (IRCE) is a Center of Excellence established in 2015 by the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) to promote public/private partnership for quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa. The actualization of IRCE epitomizes the vision of IHVN and its prime position as leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and health-related research in West Africa.
One of IRCE’s key objectives is to provide training and engage new researchers in its mentorship program. IRCE is one of the three centers of the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN).
With the establishment of IRCE, the Institute sees a future in which scientists are nurtured and provided world-class infrastructure to research collaboratively on diseases of relevance to the local community such as HIV, TB, malaria, cancer, non-communicable diseases and emerging infectious diseases.
IRCE-IHVN with funding support from the World Health Organization (WHO) – Tropical Disease Research (TDR) will be offering a 4-Day intensive training on Statistical analysis using ‘R’. The statistical analysis training will follow an applied learning model designed with practical hands-on sessions. This training aims to provide those involved in data analysis for research purposes with the requisite practical statistical analysis skills needed to convert data into meaningful information via the use of ‘R’ statistical tools.
Training facilitators will include Biostatisticians from notable institutions in Luxembourg and Kenya with numerous years of experience. Following the completion of the training, participants will be able to:
– Develop Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP)
– Understand sample size and power calculations
– Understand different study designs
– Perform data exploration, correlation and plots in ‘R’
– Perform parametric and non-parametric test in ‘R’
– Perform analysis of continuous and categorical data in ‘R’.
– Estimate measures of effect in epidemiology (odds and risk ratios).
– Perform analysis of rates, ratios, and proportions
– Perform critical appraisal of epidemiological reports
– Perform regression analysis for continuous and categorical outcome data e.t.c.
Training participation is highly competitive limited slots are available. Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be invited to participate. Interested applicants from any Government of Nigeria organization including NCDC, NAFDAC, NPHCDA and FMoH should express interest by filling the form attached.
Date: 13th – 16th June, 2023.
Time: 9am – 5pm