The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
To support the Institute’s drive to detect and treat tuberculosis in the country, IHVN is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the implementation of the USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant; which includes providing support to program implementation team and other employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing the institute’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant (USAID Nigeria TB LON)
Head of Finance and Operations
OPENING DATE: 16th November, 2021
CLOSING DATE: 30th November, 2021.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Finance and Operations, S/he will provide administrative and logistical support services to the program implementation team and operations of the general office management of USAID Nigeria TB LON Grant.
- Possession of a B.Sc. in Business Administration or any of the Social Sciences or Higher National Diploma in Business Administration. Membership or part certification by any recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage. Minimum of 3 years post qualification hands-on experience in an International NGO or Grants operational environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant
- Applicants should be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of computer application (Microsoft office etc)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as printers, photocopiers, computers etc
- Analytical mind and fluency in written and oral communication
- Ability to work well with others to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Coordinating all administrative and secretarial support services for the implementation of USAID Nigeria TB LON
- Assisting with the effective management of day to day office operations
- Supporting & coordinating internal and external meetings, trainings, venues, logistics, provision of materials and refreshments particularly during multiple meetings
- Working with the team for logistical support to staff/visitors including liaising with program management unit on team itineraries, appointments according to schedules developed by department members
- Assisting in documenting and archiving program documents.
- Arranging travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging for airport and hotel pick-ups
- Coordinating staff meetings, setting up conference rooms and meeting rooms, ordering and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and writing reports as requested, filing records of all meetings
- Recording minutes of staff meetings and circulating same amongst the staff and meeting attendees
- Assisting with the production of presentation materials for staff members
- Performing office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services via telephone or e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment
- Collating and filing quarterly, monthly and weekly reports
- Collating and harmonizing quarterly and monthly work plans
- Making travel arrangements as requested by program staff and facilitating retirement of trips made by staff
- Tracking of USAID Nigeria TB LON work plans and activities
- Conducting weekly and monthly supervision of office motor vehicles as well as drivers with daily vehicle check list
- Coordinating, monitoring and supervising security staffs
- Performing any other duties as assigned
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.