The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis, and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN), through funding from The Global Fund (GF), will be implementing the Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) grant, a combined TB &HIV effort pivotal to transforming TB & HIV programs. Under the leadership and coordination of the National AIDS and STDs Control Programme (NASCP), the National TB and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP), and the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), this project will increase the identification of all forms of TB cases in the community and ensure prompt access to high-quality, patient-centred prevention and treatment through a Nationwide coverage of TB Public-Private Mix active TB case finding effort, and Community TB testing. The HIV component of the grant will focus on four states (Ebonyi, Anambra, Kwara, and Gombe) for end-to-end HIV comprehensive services, community PMTCT scale-up in all states, PrEP in the four GF-supported states and in other states where PEPFAR IPs will be operating, and support harm reduction program (specifically needles and syringes) in 12 states. Other focus areas include Health Systems Strengthening/Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) and National level support activities.
To further uphold our commitment to providing excellent services in the sector, we are recruiting to fill the below-listed position:
|Position||Program Manager, Monitoring And Evaluation|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Central Office/HQ-Abuja, FCT (One position)|
|Scheduled Work Time||Monday – Friday (Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends)|
|Reports To||Senior Program Manager|
|Operational Contacts||HIV Lead, TB Lead, Program Management Team, Project Director|
Opening Date: 1st December 2023
Closing Date: 14th December 2023
The role of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager in the Global Fund GC7 project is crucial for ensuring effective program management, accountability, and continuous improvement. The M&E Manager is key in ensuring evidence-based HIV/TB interventions, assisting with well-informed decision-making, and adding to the project’s overall success. S/He facilitates the identification of areas in need of development, the demonstration of impact, and the strengthening of stakeholder accountability.
Description and objectives:
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager SI, the Program Manager SI will Design and implement a comprehensive M&E framework that aligns with the goals and objectives of the Global Fund GC7 and track and update M&E data as well as ensure the data is of the best quality possible and in alignment with the grant requirement.
The M&E Manager plays an essential role in tracking and updating M&E data and ensuring the data is of the best quality possible. Responsibilities include:
- Design and implement a comprehensive M&E framework that aligns with the goals and objectives of the Global Fund GC7 grant.
- Define key performance indicators (KPIs) and data collection methods to measure project progress and outcomes.
- Oversee data collection, analysis, and interpretation related to HIV/TB program activities.
- Establish data collection systems and tools to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information.
- Manage databases and information systems for efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Regularly monitor and assess the progress of HIV/TB project activities against established benchmarks and targets.
- Identify and analyze trends, challenges, and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct periodic evaluations to assess the impact of HIV/TB interventions.
- Use evaluation findings to inform decision-making, improve program strategies, and enhance overall project effectiveness.
- Implement quality assurance mechanisms to ensure the accuracy and reliability of program data.
- Conduct data quality assessments and provide feedback to project teams for continuous improvement.
- Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare regular reports on the progress of the HIV/TB project for internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to project teams, donors, and other relevant parties.
- Build the capacity of project staff and partners on M&E principles and practices.
- Provide training on data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Identify and address potential risks and challenges in implementing the HIV/TB project through data analysis and proactive monitoring.
- Develop strategies to mitigate risks and improve project outcomes.
- Collaborate with project managers, health professionals, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment between M&E activities and program goals.
- Coordinate with relevant agencies and organizations to share best practices and lessons learned.
- Ensure compliance with established standards, guidelines, and ethical considerations in data collection and reporting.
- Stay informed about the latest developments and best practices in M&E within the context of HIV/TB programs.
- Travel extensively across the 36 states of Nigeria for program supervision and mentorship.
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to interpret data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to analyze trends, identify patterns, and make data-driven recommendations.
- Understanding of project management principles and the ability to coordinate and manage M&E activities within project timelines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present findings to diverse audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with project teams, stakeholders, and external partners.
- Ability to build relationships and facilitate communication among team members.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of M&E professionals, providing guidance, support, and mentorship.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement organizational M&E strategies.
- Capacity to identify challenges and develop effective solutions.
- Proactive approach to addressing issues and mitigating risks.
- Understanding of ethical considerations related to data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Adherence to confidentiality and data protection principles.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements, priorities, and external environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Access and Excel
- Experience in the use of DHIS will be an added advantage.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a minimum of a master’s degree in a relevant field such as statistics, public health, social sciences, international development, monitoring and evaluation, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation roles.
- Experience in roles with progressively increasing responsibilities, demonstrating a track record of success and growth in the field.
- Direct experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks for projects or programs, with a focus on measurable outcomes and impact.
- Proven experience in data analysis, interpretation, and reporting. Familiarity with statistical tools and software is often required.
- Experience in managing or leading a team, providing guidance and mentorship, and ensuring the effective coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Understanding of project management principles, with the ability to coordinate M&E activities within project timelines.
Equal employment opportunity statement:
IHVN is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws.
Mode of Application:
Please submit your application letter and detailed curriculum vitae as one Microsoft Word document with the position applied for and location well captured as the subject of the email to the Assistant Director, Human Resources, through this email address: [email protected].