The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
Job Title: Health Informatics Officer, Public-Private Mix (HIO, PPM), TB-LON 3 Project
Department: Strategic Information
Job Location: Lagos
Reports to: Director of Strategic Information, TB-LON 3 Project
Opening Date: 15th November 2021
Closing Date: 28th November 2021
The Health Informatics Officer (HIO) will be a highly skilled full-stack software developer with experience in building web applications using Java/PHP who will be responsible for analyzing program requirements and business objectives, determining application features, functionalities, recommending and implementing changes to existing Java/PHP-based applications, among other duties.
- Installation and management of softwares for patient and program level data management;
- Providing technical support for the deployment and maintenance of of softwares related to tuberculosis Program;
- Ensuring all electronic data collection and reporting platforms are functional at all TB LON3 facilities and locations;
- Testing new releases of softwares and provide feedback to developers;
- Running updates on all elctronic data collection and reporting platforms when necessary, document and report issues/ challenges identified;
- Ensuring the National Eletronic Tuberculosis Information Management Systems (NETIMS) are functional across all TB LON3 states and facilities;
- Making recommendations on new features on elctronic platforms based on ineraction with healthcare team;
- Reviewing results and address challenges with information systems;
- Maintaining database performance by troubleshooting problems identified;
- Supporting the quality control systems and mechanisms needed to guarantee proper management of information and data quality assurance;
- Assisting with user training and system documentation and developing SOPs as it relates to health information processes;
- Providing guidance to state and facility staff on health information and data quality issues;
- Ensuring the utilization of standardized monitoring and evaluation indicators and tools for consistency in measurement;
- Participating in health system strengthening activities;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Strategic Information, TB-LON 3.
- A University Degree in any of the following or related fields: Computer Science, Information systems or engineering required. A master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in technical project management, software and health information development
- Experience with responsive user interface design, database structures and statistical analyses
- Proficiency with server side languages such as Java, PHP, Python and R programming
- Working knowledge of Java, JSP, EJB, XML, web services
- Proficiency with database technology such as MySQL and Postgres SQL
- Experience in webservers administration such as Apache, Tomcat and IIS
- Agile methodology experience is also a plus
- Experience with tuberculosis program or related health service programs; experience working with HIV/AIDS prevention and/or impact mitigation programs in the West African context is desirable
- Experience with the USAID SI system highly desirable
- A good understanding of the National Eletronic Tuberculosis Information Management Systems (NETIMS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Data management and analysis skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues
- Knowledge of web and application servers and their configuration
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve complex technical issues and identify root cause and recommend solutions to help resolve incidents quickly
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple parallel assignments while working in an ever changing environment
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Access and Excel
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS and TB environment of the country
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders
- Knowledge of key National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) program indicators.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one page cover letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Deputy Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email. Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.